Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Wait is Over



The second Game of Thrones season started last Sunday with a bang. "The North Remembers" was a great way to begin the television premiere of Clash of Kings, the second book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Though the beginning differed from the beginning of the book in many ways, the deletion of some scenes, the addition of others, it was still amazing and left me staring at the screen in horror when it seemed to end moments after it started.



If the show continues in this route, it will keep maintain the status of "best book adaptation" in my opinion because it is definitely better than the Harry Potter movies.

"Power is Power."
-Cersei Lannister

4 comments:

  1. I never heard of this show until recently. I feel like it came out of nowhere, but apparently I am oblivious. What is it about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about this show and EVERYONE tells me to watch it. I liked the recent SNL sketch about how the main advisor to the show was a teenage boy because of all the boobs. Pretty funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I became a fan and had to read the all of the books. I'm glad that I did but I miss the wonderment I had when I watched the first season. They are sticking close to the books but there is a bit of HBOness mixed in as well. Welcome to the addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the scene with cersei had me laughing just because she is such a witch of a woman. love this show

    ReplyDelete